Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

POST Service data has no commit info after 'git merge'

chadkimes July 2, 2013

A few months back, I made a custom POST receiver that waited for changes in the 'staging' branch of our application and automatically ran our local update scripts. This worked for a few months just fine - the process was to work in 'dev' and merge into 'staging' when we were ready for testing.

However, at some point this stopped working. The problem as I see it is that the commit information is completely empty when merging from one branch to another. Here is an example:

This is the POST data after a merge from 'dev' into 'staging' branch:

{"repository": {"website": "", "fork": false, "name": "REDACTED", "scm": "git", "owner": "REDACTED", "absolute_url": "REDACTED", "slug": "REDACTED", "is_private": true}, "truncated": false, "commits": [], "canon_url": "https://bitbucket.org", "user": "REDACTED"}

Note this section: "commits": []

With no information about the merge, I can't tell if our staging branch was updated or not. This commit message looks like nothing happened at all, which is definitely not the case. How am I supposed to find this information?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
aMarcus
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 6, 2013

This is a current limitation of the POST hook. If there isn't new commits entering the repository, we won't report them in the payload of the commit hooks. We've got this issue open to change that behavior. Please vote on it!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events