• Community
  • Products
  • Bitbucket
  • Questions
  • Our company is working on a number of projects with codes on bitbucket with sensitive information. We don't want all users to see all the codes on all the product codes within our company in bitbucket. I am trying to follow the best practice having few br

Our company is working on a number of projects with codes on bitbucket with sensitive information. We don't want all users to see all the codes on all the product codes within our company in bitbucket. I am trying to follow the best practice having few br

Mac S
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 3, 2015

Our company is working on a number of projects with codes on bitbucket with sensitive information. We don't want all users to see all the codes on all the product codes within our company in bitbucket. I am trying to follow the best practice having few branches on the top e.g. master, develop, hot fixes etc. and having product > project (product based projects) based code setup.

As the administrator of bitbucket, I want set limitation of the permission/access that users can only access to project codes they're involved in. Is there any way to achieve it ?

2 answers

1 vote
gustavo_refosco
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 3, 2015

Hi Shyam,

This can be controlled by applying Project Permissions. As you'll see in this document, these permissions allow you to set whether a project is going to be public or not, and also set permissions individually, to users and/or groups, defining their level of access to each project.

Going further, if you also want to manage permissions for repositories within the same project you can also make use of Repository Permissions, which work in a similar way as the project permissions.

Regards,

Gustavo Refosco

GabrielleJ
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 3, 2015

Moreover, you can also set "Branch Permissions".

Tim Crall
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 3, 2015

Branch permissions only affect the ability to push to a branch, though, not the ability to view/clone it

GabrielleJ
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 3, 2015

Just an addition to the permission, not actually a replacement for what Gustavo stated :)

Adam
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 3, 2015

Note that repository permissions _loosen_ restrictions relative to project permissions. So you want the project permission to include only people who should see _every_ repository in that project. Then you can open up individual repos to more people as needed.

Mac S
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 4, 2015

Appreciate your quick response. I have already gone through the available answers on branch permission and other options, but could not get my desired setup. The current authority will mean to have each project with a repository which will mean a big number of repository for organizations running multiple projects running under a roof. Will look forward for user management enhancement from Atlassian.

GabrielleJ
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 4, 2015

What specific User Management would that be?

0 votes
Tim Crall
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 3, 2015

Are you using Bitbucket Server or Bitbucket Cloud?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events