Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Opensearch connection broken

Techie4devops June 20, 2022

I couldn't able to connect bitbucket with OpenSearch. 

Please refer the below link where followed to configure.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/bitbucketserver/install-and-configure-a-remote-opensearch-server-1115664379.html#InstallandconfigurearemoteOpenSearchserver-connectStep4:ConnectOpenSearchtoBitbucket

Moreover, I running the stand alone OpenSearch container(opensearchproject/opensearch:2.0.1) on top of the ubuntu.

Below is relevant text from the atlassian-bitbucket.log file.

2022-06-20 14:05:23,079 WARN [Caesium-1-1] c.a.b.i.s.c.cluster.ClusterJobRunner Job execution failed. Rescheduling. Job key: com.atlassian.bitbucket.internal.search.i
ndexing.jobs.StartupChecksJob Job id: fc4d152d-b372-4eb2-9bfe-e3a9082108ab
2022-06-20 14:13:23,087 INFO [Caesium-1-2] c.a.b.i.s.i.jobs.StartupChecksJob Running startup jobs for search
2022-06-20 14:13:23,092 ERROR [Caesium-1-2] c.a.b.i.s.i.IndexingSynchronizationService An error was encountered while checking or creating the mapping in the search se
rver
com.atlassian.bitbucket.internal.search.indexing.exceptions.IndexException: Unable to check whether a valid mapping exists in the search server
at com.atlassian.bitbucket.internal.search.indexing.IndexingSynchronizationService.lambda$isMappingPresent$9(IndexingSynchronizationService.java:291)
at io.atlassian.fugue.Either$Left.fold(Either.java:586)
at com.atlassian.bitbucket.internal.search.indexing.IndexingSynchronizationService.isMappingPresent(IndexingSynchronizationService.java:290)
at com.atlassian.bitbucket.internal.search.indexing.IndexingSynchronizationService.synchronizeMapping(IndexingSynchronizationService.java:116)
at com.atlassian.bitbucket.internal.search.indexing.IndexingSynchronizationService.synchronizeStores(IndexingSynchronizationService.java:89)
at com.atlassian.bitbucket.internal.search.indexing.jobs.StartupChecksJob.run(StartupChecksJob.java:80)
at com.atlassian.bitbucket.internal.search.common.cluster.ClusterJobRunner.runJob(ClusterJobRunner.java:81)
at com.atlassian.scheduler.core.JobLauncher.runJob(JobLauncher.java:134)
at com.atlassian.scheduler.core.JobLauncher.launchAndBuildResponse(JobLauncher.java:106)
at com.atlassian.scheduler.core.JobLauncher.launch(JobLauncher.java:90)
at com.atlassian.scheduler.caesium.impl.CaesiumSchedulerService.launchJob(CaesiumSchedulerService.java:435)
at com.atlassian.scheduler.caesium.impl.CaesiumSchedulerService.executeClusteredJob(CaesiumSchedulerService.java:430)
at com.atlassian.scheduler.caesium.impl.CaesiumSchedulerService.executeClusteredJobWithRecoveryGuard(CaesiumSchedulerService.java:454)
at com.atlassian.scheduler.caesium.impl.CaesiumSchedulerService.executeQueuedJob(CaesiumSchedulerService.java:382)
at com.atlassian.scheduler.caesium.impl.SchedulerQueueWorker.executeJob(SchedulerQueueWorker.java:66)
at com.atlassian.scheduler.caesium.impl.SchedulerQueueWorker.executeNextJob(SchedulerQueueWorker.java:60)
at com.atlassian.scheduler.caesium.impl.SchedulerQueueWorker.run(SchedulerQueueWorker.java:35)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:750)

Does anyone have anything I can take a look at to try and figure out whats wrong?

1 answer

0 votes
Matthew Saunier November 14, 2023

Necrobump, but in the event that someone else googles this as I did: OpenSearch 1.3 is the latest supported version at this time. OpenSearch 2.x is not expected to work (yet). Install OpenSearch 1.3 and try again.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events