Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Online recurring credit card payments are getting declined after OCT 1st RBI rules for e-mandate

Vijay Jayaseelan
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
November 17, 2021

Our recurring credit payments for online bitbucket subscription were getting processed correctly in the past year or more but starting OCT 1st 2021 they started getting declined with e-mandate requirement for recurring credit card payments per RBI (reserve bank of India).

We raised a support request and support person said Atlassian is working to fix this payment issue for online payments from India to enable 2FA for each online invoice to be paid manually but I haven't got any update on this from support after that. The Nov month recurring payment was also declined for the same RBI missing e-mandate requirement.

I am wondering how are other BitBucket customers from India are handling their online bitbucket account payments successfully or if they are having similar issues.

How can we pay online payments successfully through a credit card or debit card either in a recurring fashion on with a online monthly manual option through an invoice?

I have already raised a support ticket for this but would like to also learn from community on any other available means to get this payment issue fixed for us.

Thanks,

Vijay 

6 answers

Theodora Boudale
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 8, 2022

Hi everyone,

To comply with the recent Reserve Bank of India (RBI) eMandate on recurring transactions associated with credit and debit cards, we’re updating our payment systems to enable Additional Factor of Authentication (AFA).

As of October 1, 2021, payments associated with subscriptions and auto-renewals, where the credit card country is India, are likely to be declined (while our systems are being upgraded). We’ll send you an email notification for declined transactions and request you update your payment details.

To make payments for your subscriptions and auto-renewals and keep them active, please use the Update payment details link within the email notification and enter your payment information. As soon as your payment is processed, we’ll email you an invoice confirming your payment.

If that workaround fails, you can contact our Customer Advocate team, who can manually process your payment. You can create a ticket via https://support.atlassian.com/contact/#/; in “What can we help you with?” select “Billing, payments, and pricing” and then “Problems with a payment or credit card” as a topic.

This is not something we can resolve in Community; you will need to reach out to our Customer Advocate team at https://support.atlassian.com/contact/#/.

Please also note the following:

• If the payment hasn’t been processed within 13 days after the first declined payment, the billing plan of your Bitbucket Cloud workspace will get downgraded to Free.
  • If the Update payment details link within the notification email doesn’t work for you, please reach out to our Customer Advocate team as soon as possible to avoid a disruption in your work that may be caused by the plan downgrading.
  • If the plan of your Bitbucket Cloud workspace has been downgraded to Free, you will need to manually upgrade it from Workspace Settings once the payment has been processed.

As soon as our payment systems are updated, you will no longer see failed payments.

Kind regards,
Theodora

Ravi Shah
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
March 5, 2024

CA-2856520

Previous month, my same card was working, not it's not working, even retry page for 3DS authentication isn't working.

We are stuck, and there is not proactive support from Atlassian

What's the solutionScreenshot 2024-03-05 at 15.30.02.png

Theodora Boudale
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 5, 2024

Hi Ravi,

This is not something we can resolve in community. One of my colleagues will reach out in the support ticket you created.

Kind regards,
Theodora

0 votes
GMoney Tech
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
May 28, 2022

@Caroline R Raised ticket CA-1829004 please help us resolve this

0 votes
Shobhit Khare
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
December 8, 2021

Same issue here. Raised a ticket, The ticket number is CA-1614435. Please look into the issue asap. I just got email that my services will be downgraded to free plan. 

0 votes
ELEXtensions
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
December 8, 2021

@Caroline R Same issue here. The message says 3 more days to switch to read-only mode, which is scary. Raised a ticket CA-1612182. Please help to resolve it.  

0 votes
Mehul Bhardwaj
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
December 2, 2021

We are facing the same issue. Have raised an issue with Atlassian team. We had no issue with our November payment, but both payments - for Jira and Bitbucket, got declined this month. 

@Vijay Jayaseelan : Were you able to make manual payments? If yes, then how? And if no, are you still able to use the products?

My concern is that if this resolution takes time, then Atlassian might pause our subscriptions and without Bitbucket and Jira everything would come to a  terrible halt for us.

0 votes
Caroline R
Atlassian Team
November 23, 2021

Hi, @Vijay Jayaseelan! Welcome to the community! 

Could you please share the link or the ticket number you opened? With this information, we can have a better idea of what was discussed and what the current status of your subscription is.

The ticket will be visible only to you and Atlassian staff, no one else can view its contents even if they have the URL.

Please feel free to let me know if you have any questions.

Kind regards,
Caroline

Ragupathi November 30, 2021

Hi, I'm also facing the same issue. I can't complete the payment renewal. I'm from India. I created a ticket twice. It would be a bad experience if my account is downgraded to due this issue. Already I have updated my credit card details twice still no successful transaction. 

Caroline R
Atlassian Team
November 30, 2021

Hi, @Ragupathi

I found the ticket you opened with our billing and licensing team and confirmed they have answered you, could you please confirm that you received their response? 

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Kind regards,
Caroline

ELEXtensions
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
December 8, 2021

@Caroline R Same issue here. The message says 3 more days to switch to read-only mode, which is scary. Raised a ticket CA-1612182. Please help to resolve it.  

Ragupathi March 1, 2022

Hello @Caroline R I can't able to complete the payment for this month. 

Our Indian credit cards do not support auto-renewal so pls provide me with the direct payment link to complete the transaction. 

My subscription is already expired, pls help me ASAP

Caroline R
Atlassian Team
March 1, 2022

Hi, @Ragupathi

I have created an internal ticket with our billing and license team, so they can contact you to resolve this issue. 

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Kind regards,
Caroline

BK Admin
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
March 29, 2022

Same issue here.... @Caroline R 

what's the fix for this?

Also how do I raise a ticket?

Caroline R
Atlassian Team
March 29, 2022

Hi, @BK Admin

Our billing and licensing team can help you with this issue. You can open a support ticket via https://support.atlassian.com/contact, in "What can we help you with?" select "Billing, payments, and pricing" and then fill in the necessary information to create the ticket. 

Please feel free to share any additional questions regarding this subject. 

Kind regards,
Caroline

Saravanan Balakrishnan
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
May 6, 2022

Just filed another support ticked (CA-1800994).

For the last 8 months, Atlassian payments were getting rejected by the credit card company (OneCard). They were kind enough to call me, take my confirmation and clear the payment.

This time around, they didn't and the Atlassian account blocked. 

It has been 8 months since Indian credit cards started necessarily needing 2FA (personally, I saved a bunch because of this). It is appalling that Atlassian still hasn't done anything about it!

Very, very frustrating :(

Ragupathi May 24, 2022

Hello @Caroline R I can't able to complete the payment for this month. 

Our Indian credit cards do not support auto-renewal so pls provide me with the direct payment link to complete the transaction. 

My subscription is already expired, pls help me ASAP

VIPUL CHAUBE
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
June 1, 2022

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events