Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

One time recovery link does not work

Pang Nganthavee March 22, 2023

I've recently requested for a one-time recovery link for another Bitbucket account of mine as I accidentally deleted the associated account on my authenticator app. However, clicking on the link just redirects me to the login page and once I enter by email and address, it just prompts to me to enter a verification code which I no longer have access to. 

Is there another way I can potentially recover my account?

1 answer

0 votes
Patrik S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 23, 2023

Hello @Pang Nganthavee ,

Welcome to Atlassian Community!

I think you might be being prompted for the Atlassian Account 2SV and not the Bitbucket 2FA(see Difference between Atlassian 2SV and Bitbucket 2FA). If in that account you had the Atlassian 2SV enabled, you might need to reset it as well following the instructions outlined in Login issues related to 2SV.

I've checked internally for the bitbucket account associated with the email you used to post this question, and I currently don't see any record of Bitbucket 2FA resets for that particular account.

Could you please confirm if the email of the account you are trying to access is the same email as your community account? 

If the email is different, we kindly ask you to post a new question using the email where you are facing the issue so we can assist you further.

Thank you, @Pang Nganthavee !

Patrik S

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events