Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

On git clone receiving "Cache entry has null sha1 value"

mark_garcia August 22, 2013

When I attempt to do a git clone on my git repository I get the following error:

error: cache entry has null sha1: .chef/credentials
fatal: unable to write new index file

My clone fails and the local directory is empty. When I navigate to the source -> .chef directory on bitbucket UI I see the following:

credentials → 000000000000 [000000000000]

I think this is an artifact of a symbolic link, but somehow this was successfully checked in and has created some sort of bad index sha value.

Any way to fix this?

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
mark_garcia September 8, 2013

I think this has something to do with symlink preservation where they are commited and pushed on a linux filesystem, then checking it out on a windows FS and commit/push causes something weird to happen.

Unfortunately, I had to move past this error by reverting to a past commit and resetting. So, the credentials dir is no longer there. So, I am closing this issue out.

0 votes
Adam_Mendoza June 8, 2014

I'm getting a similar error.

error: cache entry has null sha1: FileName

0 votes
evzijst
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 23, 2013

Happy to look into this more closely, but I'd need to know which repo this is. If you're not comfortable troubleshooting this publicly, please email support@bitbucket.org and refer to this page.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events