Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Notification Order for Pull Requests reviewers

Daniel Lutz February 16, 2024

Hey community,

does it exist a way to change to order of notifcations when a pull reuest is created?

When we open a pull request and add a reviewer the person is instantly notified. Is there a way to change this behaviour after all corresponding check pipelines which run there are completet and green? Background of the case is when the pull request pipeline failed (build error or test error) the reviewer can wait until th problem ist fixed.

Best regards

Daniel

2 answers

2 votes
Ulrich Kuhnhardt _IzymesCo_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
February 18, 2024

Hello Daniel,

Welcome to the community!

It's great to see how Bitbucket apps are providing important features that are still missing in Bitbucket cloud.

I understand that you only want to notify reviewers if the source branch of the PR has a successful build result (via pipeline), because there's no point reviewing a PR when the pipeline is failing.

We are addressing this issue with our app Workzone for Bitbucket (cloud), it will be able to cater to your needs.
Here is a link to Workzone's documentation space highlighting how to create a configuration that adds reviewers only after a successful build, i.e. also allowing them to only receive the notification after a successful build.

Hopefully, that solves your problem!

Happy Coding,

Ulrich

// Izymes

1 vote
Saxea _Flowie_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 17, 2024

Hi @Daniel Lutz

Currently not possible. I think the closest you could get to this is by adding the reviewers after the pipelines succeed using the Bitbucket API.

The good news is that this is on our radar for Flowie since it has been requested already, and we should support it via Flowie in the near future. If you get in touch via our website, we can notify you when it's available!

Daniel Lutz February 19, 2024

Thank you for answering. Okay i wil take a look on Flowie and WorkZone  and the possibilities of the Bitbucket API.

Best regards

Daniel

Like # people like this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events