Not receiving email to complete 2FA for BitBucket

Gil.Elhayani September 17, 2022

I'm trying to setup 2FA on my bitbucket account, however I'm not receiving the confirmation email after scanning the QR code and successfully submitting the authentication code, please assist!

1 answer

0 votes
Mark C
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 18, 2022

Hi @Gil.Elhayani,

Welcome to the community.

Would it be possible for you to check the following on your end?

1. Make sure your phone timezone is matched to your Atlassian account's timezone - (Go to this link https://id.atlassian.com/manage-profile/profile-and-visibility under "Local time")
  2. If you're not using the Duo app, could you try to install it on your mobile phone and use that instead?

Let me know how it goes.

Regards,
Mark C

Gil.Elhayani September 19, 2022

Hey , 

thanks for the instructions , but i'm still not getting the confirmation email for the authentication. the app says it connected successfully and nothing happens. 

Gil.Elhayani September 22, 2022

@Mark C ?

Mark C
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 22, 2022

Hi @Gil.Elhayani

I checked our internal logs for your email to see if it is listed in our email suppression list but it is not there.
Based on our logs, we're also successfully sending emails to you.

Could you possibly check if the confirmation email is caught up in your junk or spam folder?

Regards,
Mark C

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events