Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not receiving email to complete 2FA for BitBucket

imran malik
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
February 4, 2022

I am not receiving the confirmation email for my bitbucket account, i have tried both Authy and Google Authenticator.

Screen Shot 2022-02-04 at 3.34.25 PM.png

2 answers

1 vote
Caroline R
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 4, 2022

Hi, @imran malik, welcome to the community! 

I checked our logs and confirmed that your email had a block on the server that prevented emails from being sent to you. So I removed your email from this suppression list. 

Could you please test this and check if you receive the email now? 

Kind regards,
Caroline

imran malik
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
February 7, 2022

Hi, @Caroline R thanks. Just got the email and it's enabled now. 

Can i ask how my email got in the block list in the first place ?

Best Regards.

Imran.

Caroline R
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 9, 2022

Hi, Imran! I'm glad to know you received the email. 

This has been a common issue and there are several reasons why an email address might end up on the suppression list, for example, if the email was rejected for transport issues (mail server, misconfigured DNS, blocked relay, the list goes on). In your specific case, this was the response we were able to see in your email when it was added to the suppression list: 

554 5.7.1 [internal] recipient address was suppressed due to customer policy

We have recently created the following article to explain this issue and share with our community how to get support for Bitbucket Cloud invitation and notification issues, in case you would like to read more about this:

Kind regards, 
Caroline 

0 votes
Pramodh M
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 4, 2022

Hi @imran malik 

Welcome to the Community!!

For Notification Issues here's the reference

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Bitbucket-articles/How-to-get-support-for-Bitbucket-Cloud-invitation-and/ba-p/1932959

Thanks

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events