Not receiving email notifications

Mayank Thakur January 23, 2023

My email ID is `************`.

My organization migrated our email provider from outlook to google, after the move I am not getting any emails from bitbucket or jira. Curiously confluence seems to work.

Other answers seems to suggest that some failed emails can cause the email id to be blacklisted. My mailbox works fine now. Can someone from atlassian team check this?

1 answer

0 votes
Ben
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 23, 2023

G'day Mayank! 

Please note, I have censored your email address as this is a public forum.

We have checked our email logs and have found that we are successfully sending emails to your mail server however the following error was received from your mail server for your email address:

554 5.7.1 [internal] recipient address was suppressed due to customer policy

This error is encountered on your mail server when any of the following conditions are met:

• The address was invalid (address does not exist)
  • The user clicked the list-unsubscribe header
  • The user clicked one of your emails and flagged it as SPAM. This FBL (FeedBack Loop) event should add that email address to your Suppression List.

I would suggest reaching out to your email administrator to whitelist our email accounts as follows, then try to trigger notification emails once this has been performed:

noreply@am.atlassian.com
no-reply@atlassian.com
noreply@mailer.atlassian.com
notifications-noreply@bitbucket.org

Cheers!

- Ben (Bitbucket Cloud Support)

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events