Not receiving email notifications

Stephen Procter August 9, 2020

I am not receiving email notifications for pull requests or comments (even when I'm specifically tagged in the comment). Could you check if my email address has been blacklisted please, as in this question? My email address is stephen.procter@transcore.com.

1 answer

0 votes
Tyler T
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 10, 2020

Hi @Stephen Procter , I'm not seeing your email address in the bounce list. Do your teammates have issues receiving emails? Were emails working previously?

Stephen Procter August 10, 2020

Hi @Tyler T, thanks for getting back to me. We have only been using Bitbucket for a month or so, but none of us have ever received email notifications for pull requests or comments. We do, however, receive commit notifications, so clearly emails are getting through, and the issue is only affecting particular types of notification. Grateful for any suggestions on how to fix the pull request/comment notifications.

Tyler T
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 11, 2020

I'm assuming you have checked your notification settings and they seem correct: https://bitbucket.org/account/settings/notifications/

Additionally, on an individual pull request - are you listed as 'watching' the pull request?

Screen Shot 2020-08-11 at 10.47.10 AM.png

Stephen Procter August 24, 2020

Hi @Tyler T, yes notification settings look fine - only "Occasional updates" is unticked. I can confirm that I automatically get listed as 'watching' the new pull request (I have set myself as default reviewer for the repo), but do not receive any notification that the pull request has been created. Neither do I receive any notification when a comment is added to the pull request, even if I'm specifically tagged in the comment.

notifications.png

Stephen Procter September 2, 2020

Hi @Tyler T / anyone... Any more thoughts on this? We have a partial workaround via the Bitbucket Connector for Outlook - this has given us notifications for commits and pull request creation. We really need notifications for comments too though, as described in the docs here: https://support.atlassian.com/bitbucket-cloud/docs/manage-email-notifications-for-watched-objects/.

Stephen Procter September 3, 2020

After further investigation, we've noticed that our newer repos have only 7 webhooks installed by default; 3 for Chat Notifications, 2 for Jira, and 2 for Pipelines:

new-only-7-hooks.jpg

In contrast, our older repos have 9 webhooks installed by default. The extra two are labelled "Bitbucket code search" and "Pull Request Commit Links":

old-9-hooks.jpgCould this be relevant to my issue?

Tyler T
Atlassian Team
September 4, 2020

Your email address is not in the bounce list. The best course of action now would be to open a ticket with support so they can investigate this further. 

https://support.atlassian.com/contact/#/

Stephen Procter September 5, 2020

Yes we did that and found the cause - our Outlook mail server was quarantining the emails as they look like phishing/impersonation. Thanks again, Microsoft!

Like Tyler T likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events