Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not receiving any bitbucket invitation mail

Krisnaiah Byagari September 15, 2020

Hi,

My manager is trying to send an invitation so I could join the developers' group. However, I am not receiving any such mail in my outlook. Could you please look into it?

I have bit bucket access, but I am not able to get any mail to join development groups there and access the related resources. Others in our group are able to get the notification and invitation mail. Could you please check what the problem is?

mail ID: <email-removed-for-privacy>

Thanks

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Theodora Boudale
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 16, 2020

Hi Krisnaiah,

I assume that your request is for Bitbucket Cloud?

Checking in our system, I could see some hard bounce events for your email. It is possible that there was an attempt to send an email when your email account was not operational. The hard bounce informs us that the email does not exist and in this case it is placed in a suppression list, as we no longer try to resend to non-existing emails.

I went ahead and removed the email from the suppression list, could you please ask your manager to resend the invitation now?

A new invitation needs to be sent, as the previous ones were dropped.

Please feel free to let me know if things are ok now and if you need anything further.

Kind regards,
Theodora

Krisnaiah Byagari September 16, 2020

Thanks a lot. It worked. 

I have rejoined the company sometime back. So when I left it must have been gone into suppression list. Do you really have to intervene whenever someone rejoins? I hope you can give that control to the customers itself.

Theodora Boudale
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 18, 2020

Hi Krisnaiah,

It's good to hear that the issue is resolved.

The issue here was not only that your account was inactive, but more specifically that Atlassian emails were sent to your email account while it was inactive. It could have been invitations or email notifications on events. In this case the email is automatically placed in a suppression list and we indeed need to intervene to get it removed, as this concerns administration of our email delivery service.

That being said, we have a feature request to allow users to accept invitations from the website, which would allow people to get access faster when such an issue occurs:

Kind regards,
Theodora

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events