Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not getting invitation mail from bitbucket

Vishnu Vardhan September 2, 2021

Hi,

I'm trying to add an user to our organisation, who was already a member but left the organisation for sometime and rejoined. when he left the organisation, the account was deleted. 
Now when we add him to jira and confluence he is getting the access. but Bibucket he is not able to join, because invitation mail is not received.

can some one provide a possible mistake or solution.  

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Daniel Eads
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 2, 2021

Hi @Vishnu Vardhan , welcome to the Community!

Our email service has a suppression list to keep from sending emails to accounts that no longer exist at your organization. When our mail service receives certain types of errors from the recipient's mail server, that email address is placed on the list and not sent additional emails.

In this case for example, we would have suppressed emails to that member when they left your organization. Unfortunately the service doesn't know when people re-join - so likely the problem here is that the invite email from Bitbucket this time around didn't make it through our mail service.

I've cleared out all the suppression entries for email addresses at your domain name. Please try resending the invite from Bitbucket now!

Cheers,
Daniel | Atlassian Support

Vishnu Vardhan September 6, 2021

Thanks @Daniel Eads ,
This resolved my issue.

Like Daniel Eads likes this
Stephen Hart September 16, 2021

I'm experiencing this too right now. How do i clear out the suppression entries?

Daniel Eads
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 16, 2021

Hi @Stephen Hart ,

I noticed you opened a support case as well, and that the support engineer was able to remove some addresses on your domain from our email suppression list.

Cheers,
Daniel

Like Stephen Hart likes this
Atanu Mandal February 9, 2022

Hi @Daniel Eads,

I am also facing the same issue with one of our employee who has recently rejoined our org. I would be great if you can help.

Thanks,

Atanu. 

Theodora Boudale
Atlassian Team
February 11, 2022

Hi @Atanu Mandal,

I can see that you have created a support ticket for this issue. If you provide the email address of this employee in the support ticket, the engineer working on your case will look into it.

For any other users who may come across this post facing the same issue, please check the following article on how to get support for email issues:

You can either create a support ticket or create a new question in community.

Please refrain from replying to other users' questions to ask for help. If the Atlassian engineer who responded to that question is out of office, your reply may not be seen by the rest of the Atlassian team. We suggest either creating a new question in community or a support ticket.

Kind regards,
Theodora

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events