Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not able to see all branch of git repo in the bitbucket

Lokesh Pareek February 21, 2018

Hi,

I created a bitbucket account and add a repo in it. I created one branch by source tree. Newly created branch is not available in the bitbucket source tab.

Please look into it.

Thanks,

Lokesh

4 answers

1 vote
Temo Munoz October 3, 2019

git fetch && git checkout <feature branch>

0 votes
Adam Starrh September 27, 2021

For anyone else coming to this issue, I had to take the following steps to resolve this.

On the branch list on the left margin in SourceTree, find the branch you want to 'sync' and right click. Go to "Push To" and select origin. After doing this, it should appear on your BitBucket account. 

For whatever reason, simply pushing the branch from the main screen doesn't always work.

0 votes
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 21, 2018

Lokesh, you have to push your new branch to the remote. Did you do that yet?

Yes I pushed new branch to the remote by sourcetree. But the question was how can i sync all branch in bitbucket ?

Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 22, 2018

What do you mean by sync a branch?

Also, are you saying that the branch is not in remote even after you pushed it? If so, how did you push the branch from sourcetree?

Lokesh Pareek February 22, 2018

Jabin,

The branch are on remote. And i pushed it by sourcetree but i can not see in my bitbucket account.

Rising Star
Rising Star
February 22, 2018

Why do you think the branch is in remote when it is not in the account? Is this Bitbucket Cloud or server? Maybe you can add some screenshots here!

I did following steps:

1.  I have a Repository on Git.

2. Create a account on bitbucket and Import repository.

Capture.PNG

Suppose I import a repository on 6th Feb and i got all branches which are created till 10 Feb. 

If i create new branch  after 6th feb on Git but source tree and push it on Git. 

So the newly created branch not visible in bitbucket account.

Capture.PNG

Rising Star
Rising Star
February 22, 2018

Click on the repository and check if you have the new branch listed under the "branches" dropdown.

Not Listed.

Rising Star
Rising Star
February 23, 2018

Well, that confirms that the branch is not in remote yet. How did you push the branch from sourcetree?

Lokesh Pareek February 23, 2018

Just create a new branch and push by clicking on push btn in the sourcetree.

Rising Star
Rising Star
February 23, 2018

Hmm, not sure what went wrong. Did you check out the new branch and pushed that one? You can see some screenshots at https://confluence.atlassian.com/get-started-with-sourcetree/create-and-push-a-branch-to-the-remote-repository-git-847359118.html.

Lokesh Pareek February 28, 2018

I created a new one and pushed with the same steps even after i didn't get the latest branch in bitbucket.

Please do a needful.

Thanks,

Lokesh

Steve Thornhill
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 28, 2018

Could you provide a screenshot of the branches tab within the repository itself.

It may help with understanding where your issue is.

Lokesh Pareek February 28, 2018

I did following steps:

1.  I have a Repository on Git.

2. Create a account on bitbucket and Import repository.

Capture.PNG

Suppose I import a repository on 6th Feb and i got all branches which are created till 10 Feb. 

If i create new branch  after 6th feb on Git but source tree and push it on Git. 

So the newly created branch not visible in bitbucket account.

Capture.PNG

Steve Thornhill
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 28, 2018

So when you select the repository in bitbucket, you should see a list of options, one of which is the branch list.

0 votes
Steve Thornhill
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 21, 2018

Have you committed the changes in source tree and pushed back to Bitbucket?

Yes I committed and pushed new branch to the remote by sourcetree. But How can i pushed backto Bitbucket ?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events