You're on your way to the next level! Join the Kudos program to earn points and save your progress.
Level 1: Seed
25 / 150 points
1 badge earned
Challenges come and go, but your rewards stay with you. Do more to earn more!
What goes around comes around! Share the love by gifting kudos to your peers.
Keep earning points to reach the top of the leaderboard. It resets every quarter so you always have a chance!
Join now to unlock these features and more
I am trying to exclude file during PR. This file actually maintains version of the application. So dev branch update the minor version and then when dev branch is merged into Qa branch, major version gets updated. due to this both dev and QA branches update the same file and during next PR conflict is happening. I would like to skip this particular file from the PR.
Please help me how to do this.
Hello @Mugdha Hardikar and welcome to the Community!
I'm afraid it's not possible to exclude files from being merged in a Pull Request. If a file is modified in both the source and destination branch you will indeed need to resolve the conflict, as git will not be able to know which is the version you want to keep.
Some alternatives that might work for you are the following :
1. Create a branch from the dev branch
2. Replace the version file with the same version as QA branch ( so it doesn't generate a conflict)
3. Create a pull request from this new branch to QA
1. Create a new branch from QA
2. Include the changes from the dev branch, except for the version file you want to ignore
3. Create pull request from the new branch to QA
Hope that helps! Should you have any questions feel free to ask.
Thank you, @Mugdha Hardikar !