cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not able to clone a repository with large files

Hossein Dehghani
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
July 5, 2024

I have devices connected to the internet with a cellular network, with using ssh key I am able to clone small repositories with no large files. However, in the repository with large files, I get this error:

ssh_dispatch_run_fatal: Connection to {------} port {}: message authentication code incorrect
fatal: the remote end hung up unexpectedly
fatal: early EOF
fatal: index-pack failed

1 answer

1 vote
Kuğbe July 5, 2024

Based on the error message posted: Could be an [ssh key] issue or a [network connectivity] issue.

Problem: The SSH key being used might not match the one expected by the server.

• Solution: Verify that you are using the correct SSH key. You can check this by looking at the ~/.ssh/config file on your client machine or by specifying the key directly with the ssh -i /path/to/key option.

Error Message:

• ssh_dispatch_run_fatal: Connection to {------} port {}: message authentication code incorrect
    fatal: the remote end hung up unexpectedly
    fatal: early EOF
    fatal: index-pack failed

Note: However if you were able to clone small repos, means that the ssh key is good and it down to a network connectivity issue.

Network connectivity Issue:

Cause: Network connectivity issues, such as unstable internet connections, network timeouts, or firewall restrictions, can cause the connection to drop unexpectedly.

Solution: Ensure that your network connection is stable. Check for any firewall rules that might be interfering with the SSH connection.

Ben
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 8, 2024

Hi @Hossein Dehghani 

If this issue is only happening on one network, but not another - I'd suggest troubleshooting this by using our documentation:

Cheers!

- Ben (Bitbucket Cloud Support)

Like Kuğbe likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events