Not able to change avatar in Bitbucket

I don't seem to be able to change the avatar for my account on Bitbucket. I go to Bitbucket settings, click on the avatar which takes me to my Atlassian account page, I change the avatar there and I can see it changed there even after reloading the page, but I go back to Bitbucket and it still uses my old avatar. I assumed it just takes some time for the change to replicate to Bitbucket, but I have done this one day ago and it's still not there. And what's worst, the Atlassian account page now shows the old avatar as well. Is this a known problem or is there no way to change my avatar on Bitbucket?

16 answers

3 votes

Now a year on and I have the same problem.

Hm, and interestingly enough, I see the new avatar on this site. But if I click on the account settings, I get the old one again.

Keep the avatar whatever you changed. no matter you will see the same old one at the next login attempt. 

Keep it as it is. your changes will be effected after few hours. for instance, if you change it now, just check on tomorrow morning, then your new avatar will be there. laugh

This is just my experience, don't know its a bug or not. 

Waiting over two days and still nothing. I don't think the avatar on BB will be changed. smile

Also experiencing this.

Same probleme , i can not change the avatar for my account on Bitbucket

Also experiencing this =(

I am also experiencing this issue. I already have an avatar in my Atlassian account and have for a long time, but it does not display in Bitbucket. Interestingly, it displays correctly here in these forums.

There seems to be an open Bug issue for this problem: JSWSERVER-14802

I have the same problem.

Same issue here

0 vote

Same problem, and not appearing in forums either.

0 vote

Same issue

0 vote

Changing my avatar in my Atlassian account settings applied to Jira and the forums, but still has not updated in bitbucket months later.

Same here.

0 vote
RD AsiaYo I'm New Here Monday

same here

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Asked 12m ago in Confluence

What are the resources that you use to learn more about Atlassian Products?

I am gathering information about resources available for Atlassian product knowledge transferring for a presentation in our local Atlassian User Group. I want to group them in four categories From ...

3 views 0 1
View question

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you