Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New user did not receive invitation email

Karen Wu January 10, 2022

Hi, support,

Can you assist with an issue I'm having where our new joiner did not receive an invitation email? 

I have checked previous similar posts, looks like it might went into black list. Wonder if you could clear that in my domain? 

Thanks in advance

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Theodora Boudale
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 11, 2022

Hi @Karen Wu,

A couple of emails from your domain were in a suppression list, I removed all of them.

Could you please try re-sending the invitation now?
A new invitation needs to be sent, as the previous ones were dropped.

This issue usually occurs when Atlassian tries to send an email (e.g. invitation email, or verification email when someone signs up for an account) and the email address is not operational (yet). In this case, the email is placed in a suppression list, as we no longer try to re-send to non-existing emails.

Please feel free to let me know things are ok now and if you need anything further.

Kind regards,
Theodora

Karen Wu January 11, 2022

Hey Theordora, 

I tried to resent 18 hours and 5 mins ago, the user still did not get the email. Any other things I can provide to help? 

The user just got the email! Thanks for your help! 

Like Theodora Boudale likes this
Theodora Boudale
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 12, 2022

That's good to hear, thank you for the update!

Please feel free to reach out if you ever need anything else!

Kind regards,
Theodora

Like Karen Wu likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events