Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New repo security warning

kwanbo June 20, 2019

I have created a new repo on BitBucket.  I want to upload into it a Git repo that exists on my Windows laptop. I have used the following sets of commands, as advised by the BitBucket website:

git remote set-url origin git@bitbucket.org:<my_username>/<my_repo_name>.git
git push -u origin --all

And also:

git remote add origin git@bitbucket.org:<my_username>/<my_repo_name>.git
git push -u origin master

Either way I get the following message:

The authenticity of host 'bitbucket.org (18.205.93.2)' can't be established.
RSA key fingerprint is SHA256:zzXQOXSRBEiUtuE8AikJYKwbHaxvSc0ojez9YXaGp1A.
Are you sure you want to continue connecting (yes/no)?

When I check the url 18.205.93.2 Firefox warns:

Firefox detected a potential security threat and did not continue to 18.205.93.2. If you visit this site, attackers could try to steal information like your passwords, emails, or credit card details.

How should I proceed. Please provide as much detail as possible. Thanks.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Joao Sgreccia
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 20, 2019

Hi @kwanbo

You are seeing this message at Firefox because the HTTPS certificate is configured to match the domain bitbucket.org rather than the IP address(18.205.93.2). If you click on advance you will be presented with this message.

ssl_domain_error.png

Regarding the message you receive after the git push, it is a required confirmation as it is the first time you are pushing to bitbucket with this RSA key fingerprint. In this particular case you can proceed with the connection.

Cheers

kwanbo June 21, 2019

I suggest that Atlassian update its documentation to mention that scary messages are issued at various points during setup, and that they should be responded to by answering 'yes'. As things stand the documentation is completely silent about this.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events