Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New account REST API Internal server error

Jan Šťastný January 25, 2023

I noticed a weird issue in my app - when I have a brand new user and generate App Password, I have troubles sending request against the 2.0 REST API, other than /user which works. For example sending POST request to snippets results in following kind of error (pasted several if that might help investigating).

curl --url https://api.bitbucket.org/2.0/snippets -u "username:app_password" -X POST -H "Content-Type: multipart/form-data" -H "Accept: application/json" -F "title=Super new snippet"

{"type":"error","error":{"message":"Something went wrong","id":"a03db43f7a514b94aa3e557b90f5e880"}}

{"type":"error","error":{"message":"Something went wrong","id":"e26f7c4100954aa9a088463f0d2d4b76"}}

{"type":"error","error":{"message":"Something went wrong","id":"0d12b4492ea4461cb25dfcc6f5aea779"}}

2 answers

0 votes
Patrik S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 1, 2023

Hello @Jan Šťastný ,

Thank you for reporting this to us. I was able to reproduce the error and the Create snippet endpoint indeed fails when the account used for authentication does not have a personal workspace. I've raised a public bug for it : 

We encourage you to add your vote there and set yourself as a watcher, so you can receive a first-hand update when the bug is fixed.

As a workaround, you can use the workspace-specific endpoint to Create a snippet : 

Thank you, @Jan Šťastný !

Patrik S

0 votes
Jan Šťastný January 26, 2023

Could this be linked to the fact that no personal workspace was created for the user? I.e. there's not a matching name between user and workspace? Second question would be why that happens, because the info in Difference between shared and personal workspaces. | Bitbucket Cloud Cloud KB | Atlassian Documentation indicates otherwise:

This type of workspace is created together with the Bitbucket Cloud account and this is the only way to acquire one

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events