cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New UI doesn't show history of all pushed commits

Lydia Hendriks
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
June 12, 2024

The bitbucket UI used to show a commit history section, which showed a history of all commits pushed to the repository - including ones that are now unreachable (orphaned) from the tip of the branch. Is this history of pushed commits no longer available in the bitbucket UI?

For some context - having access to all of the pushed commit hashes was particularly useful in case you did a force push and accidentally overwrote a team members commits.

1 answer

0 votes
Theodora Boudale
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 18, 2024

Hi Lydia and welcome to the community!

Since 20th May 2024, the Commits page of a repo has been scoped to its main branch. However, you can still view all commits by selecting the Show all link. This link is right above the list of commits, next to the dropdown that shows the name of the repo's main branch:

Screenshot 2024-06-18 at 12.46.20.png

This change was announced in the following community article:

I don't think that we ever displayed orphaned commits on this page, but you can find all reachable commits via the Show all link.

Kind regards,
Theodora

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events