cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New CI/CD Runtime and Increased Build Minutes Usage

Vadym Sydorenko
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
July 8, 2024

Hi,

After reading your articles regarding the new CI/CD runtime, I concluded that if I want to stick to 1x/2x step sizes, I have only one option:

• Include the full IP addresses list in our network whitelist.

Otherwise, I must switch all our pipelines to 4x/8x step sizes.

However, will the switch to 4x/8x step sizes drastically increase the number of build minutes we use, and therefore require us to purchase more build minutes?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Patrik S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 9, 2024

Hello @Vadym Sydorenko and welcome to the Community!

The size of the step dictates how many build minutes it uses. A 2x step uses twice the number of build minutes of 1x steps. In the same way, 4x steps use four times the number of build minutes of 1x steps, and so on.

As for the IP ranges, on September 17th 2024, steps using 1x and 2x will be migrated to the new runtime. If you're accessing external networks that are protected by IP allowlisting from within your Pipelines, then by that date you'll need to update your firewall with the new IP address ranges as listed in the following documentation:

Those are the IP ranges from the AWS environment where Atlassian Cloud Infrastructure is executed, including the Pipelines. You can filter that JSON by the regions us-east-1 and us-west-2 , and EC2 service : 

curl https://ip-ranges.amazonaws.com/ip-ranges.json | jq -r '.prefixes[] | select(.region=="us-east-1" or .region=="us-west-2") | select(.service=="EC2") | .ip_prefix' 

However, if you prefer to use the smaller set of atlassian-ip-ranges , those will only be available to 4x and 8x steps starting on September 17th. It's important to note that you only have to add this configuration for steps that must use the restricted IP range, so it's not necessarily all of your steps.

I hope that information helps! Should you have any questions, feel free to ask.

Thank you, @Vadym Sydorenko !

Patrik S

1 vote
Aron Gombas _Midori_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 8, 2024

In my experience, when we switched from "1x" to "2x", then every actual minute was accounted as two minutes.

Based on that logic, I would expect that "8x" consumes your minutes 8 times faster than "1x".

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events