Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nested parallel pipelines?

Georg Duemlein May 20, 2022

I would like to know how to achieve nested parallel pipelines with Bitbucket.

I would like to run infrastructure steps and application steps in parallel.

Both streams have sequential and parallel steps.

Is this possible with Bitbucket?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Theodora Boudale
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 23, 2022

Hi Georg,

I'm afraid that it is not possible to have a parallel block within another parallel block at the moment.

I can create a feature request for our development team to consider, please feel free to let me know if you'd like me to proceed with that.

Just to make sure we're on the same page, are you looking for something like the following?

pipelines:
default:
- parallel:
- stream-infrastructure:
- step: *step-one (sequential)
- step: *step-two (sequential)
- parallel:
- step: *step-three
- step: *step-four
- stream-application:
- step: *step-one (sequential)
- step: *step-two (sequential)
- parallel:
- step: *step-three
- step: *step-four

where stream-infrastructure and stream-application streams will run in parallel, and then within each stream, *step-one and *step-two run sequentially, and *step-three and *step-four run in parallel?

Kind regards,
Theodora

Georg Duemlein August 25, 2022

Hi Theodora,

Thank you for your patience.

Yes, please, a feature request would be great.

We have a couple of mono-repositories now and being able to structure the pipelines to match the structure would be a win.

Thanks,

Georg

Theodora Boudale
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 26, 2022

Hi Georg,

Sure, I'm happy to help.

We have an existing feature request for the possibility to include sequential steps in a parallel set:

I created another one for the ability to have a parallel set nested in another parallel set:

Since you'd be interested in these features, I would suggest adding your vote to both of them (by selecting the Vote for this issue link) as the number of votes helps the development team and product managers better understand the demand for new features.

You are more than welcome to leave any feedback, and you can also add yourself as a watcher (by selecting the Start watching this issue link) if you'd like to get notified via email on updates.

Implementation of new features is done as per our policy here and any updates will be posted in the feature requests.

Kind regards,
Theodora

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events