Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need to setup Bitbucket CI CD pipeline for my new iOS project written in swift

Asif332 December 25, 2022

Hi, 

I have created a new iOS bitbucket repo and now I want to create a CICD pipeline for it.

I have no idea that how to setup the pipeline for iOS project. I tried few tutorials online but those confused me a lot to choose bitbucket for CI/CD or not.

Please help me on setup pipeline and let me know is it possible without having a real macbook (macOS). 
 Is Bitbucket Pipelines is a cloud-based CI/CD platform and can i setup testing iOS projects using cloud-based build environments.

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Theodora Boudale
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 30, 2022

Hi @Asif332,

Bitbucket Pipelines is a cloud-based CI/CD platform, but we also provide Runners that you can use in your own infrastructure, and you won’t be charged for the build minutes used by your self-hosted runners, and you'll also be able to see the logs on the Bitbucket Pipelines page of the repo.

As Igor mentioned, it is not possible to build iOS projects in Pipelines that run on our own infrastructure. We have a feature request in our issue tracker that you can vote for to express your interest:

If you have your own MacOS infrastructure, you can use our MacOS Runners to run the builds in your own infrastructure:

If you don't have a macOS where you can set up the Runner for your builds, you could also look into MacOS Cloud solutions in order to set up a Runner there.

Kind regards,
Theodora

0 votes
Igor Stoyanov
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 30, 2022

@Asif332 hi. Seems like it's not supported. Check this thread for more details.

Regards, Igor.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events