Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need to configure additional TCP port

Cameron Shove March 4, 2022

We have a need to connect to our Bitbucket 7.2 instance running in Ubuntu 18.04 on an additional TCP port. I entered the following into the bitbucket.properties file, and restarted the server, verified Bitbucket was operational but the port is not listening. We CAN successfully connect on ports 22 and our server port of 7999. Is there another way to do this or am I missing something in this configuration? Thank you. 

server.additional-connector.1.port=xyz

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Evan Slaughter
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 14, 2022

Hey @Cameron Shove 

Just to confirm - are you looking to add an additional port for connecting to Bitbucket over HTTP, or over SSH? The ports you listed (22 and 7999) are SSH ports - meaning that the "server.additional-connector.1.port" property that you specified, which adds a new HTTP(s) port, won't work for your purposes.

At this time, there's no way to set up multiple SSH ports for Bitbucket to use on the Bitbucket layer. If your team would like to see something like that implemented in the product, I'd recommend raising a suggestion with our devs over at https://jira.atlassian.com/projects/BSERV/. Otherwise, your best bet would be to see if you can set up something like a load-balancer or reverse proxy in front of Bitbucket - and then port forward from your desired ports over to your Bitbucket node(s) at port 7999. 

Hope this helps!

Thanks,

Evan Slaughter

Senior Support Engineer | Atlassian Support - Development Tools

Cameron Shove March 15, 2022

Thanks so much for the input, and yes I didn’t realize the property I was trying to add was limited to HTTP. I appreciate the response.

Like Evan Slaughter likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events