Need git gc on remote

EtienneEtienneEtienne May 27, 2022

Hi,

I migrated a ton of files to LFS. I need a git gc to be able to work on my repo again. It is a shared workspace so I can't do it through the experimental feature.

<repo_url_removed>

Thank you

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Theodora Boudale
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 30, 2022

Hi @EtienneEtienneEtienne,

I ran a git gc on the repo and its size is 2.6 GB now.

Does this agree with the size of your local repo after you migrated files to LFS?

Just a heads up, I removed the repo url from your post to comply with our privacy policy.

Kind regards,
Theodora

EtienneEtienneEtienne May 30, 2022

Hi,

Yes sorry for the url, didn't know how you would find the repo without me linking it.

Repo size shouldve been way less. Think my push failed after my lfs migrate. I did the whole thing again and double checked it, should be good ! Could you run it again ?

Thank you for your time

Theodora Boudale
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 30, 2022

Hi @EtienneEtienneEtienne,

Of course, I ran another git gc on the repo, its size is 33.2 MB.

Does the size agree with your local one now?

No worries about the repo url. Alternatively, you can just mention the last two letters of the repo name, or the repo name masked (with some asterisks included and showing only a few letters that can help us identify it), and we can then check which one it is from the ones you have access to.

Kind regards,
Theodora

EtienneEtienneEtienne May 30, 2022

Way better ! Thank you Theodora for your time, have a nice day.

Theodora Boudale
Atlassian Team
May 30, 2022

You are very welcome, I'm glad to have helped!

Please feel free to reach out if you ever need anything else.

Have a nice day too,
Theodora

0 votes
Robert Wen_ReleaseTEAM_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 27, 2022

Just escalated this so someone from Atlassian can do it.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events