Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need Help Recovering the Deleted Repository

Rindo Randolph Michael November 23, 2022

Hello

One of our repositories named "<repo-name-removed>" got deleted hardly 6 days back and the sad part is we dont have its local backups. Is there any way to restore the repo?? It would be a great help if the Atlassian Tech team can help us in this scenario!

FYI: This is our workspace link <workspace-id-removed>.

Deleted Repo Link <repo-url-removed>

We even hosted the repo under AWS Amplify and the webiste is currently up and running!

Anyone Pls help us to sort out the issue!

2 answers

0 votes
Theodora Boudale
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 29, 2022

Hi @Rindo Randolph Michael,

I'm afraid that the repository is no longer available to be recovered within our systems, please refer to:

If any of the users with access has a clone of the repo on their machine, you can restore the repo from that local clone. Otherwise, if you have the source code files of the repo on AWS, you can use them to create a new repository.

I would suggest looking for a backup solution so that you can restore the repos yourselves in the future, in case of accidental deletion. You can look into the apps available for Bitbucket Cloud in Marketplace: https://marketplace.atlassian.com/search?hosting=cloud&product=bitbucket&query=backup . You can also write a script that makes a mirror clone of the repo on one of your servers, and run it regularly.

Just a heads up, I removed the workspace id and repo name from your post to protect your privacy.

Kind regards,
Theodora

0 votes
Rindo Randolph Michael November 24, 2022

Hello

Anyone there to support us?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events