Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NPM install fails on pipeline

Diwakar Chapagain January 4, 2022

I have a pipeline it used to work fine but now suddenly npm install fails. Any help on fixing this would be great 

Below is the sample of the error stack 

"npm WARN tar ENOENT: no such file or directory, lstat '/opt/atlassian/pipelines/agent/build/node_modules/.staging/rxjs-a10b2afc/src'
npm WARN tar ENOENT: no such file or directory, open '/opt/atlassian/pipelines/agent/build/node_modules/.staging/rxjs-0d3768eb/operators/zipAll.d.ts'
npm WARN tar ENOENT: no such file or directory, lstat '/opt/atlassian/pipelines/agent/build/node_modules/.staging/rxjs-0d3768eb/src'
npm WARN tar ENOENT: no such file or directory, lstat '/opt/atlassian/pipelines/agent/build/node_modules/.staging/rxjs-d5c47b0a/_esm2015'
npm WARN tar ENOENT: no such file or directory, lstat '/opt/atlassian/pipelines/agent/build/node_modules/.staging/rxjs-a10b2afc/_esm2015'
npm WARN tar ENOENT: no such file or directory, lstat '/opt/atlassian/pipelines/agent/build/node_modules/.staging/rxjs-0d3768eb/src'
npm WARN tar ENOENT: no such file or directory, lstat '/opt/atlassian/pipelines/agent/build/node_modules/.staging/rxjs-d5c47b0a/_esm5'
npm WARN tar ENOENT: no such file or directory, lstat '/opt/atlassian/pipelines/agent/build/node_modules/.staging/rxjs-a10b2afc/_esm5'
npm WARN tar ENOENT: no such file or directory, open '/opt/atlassian/pipelines/agent/build/node_modules/.staging/rxjs-d5c47b0a/LICENSE.txt'
npm WARN tar ENOENT: no such file or directory, open '/opt/atlassian/pipelines/agent/build/node_modules/.staging/rxjs-a10b2afc/LICENSE.txt'
npm WARN tar ENOENT: no such file or directory, lstat '/opt/atlassian/pipelines/agent/build/node_modules/.staging/rxjs-d5c47b0a/src'
npm WARN tar ENOENT: no such file or directory, lstat '/opt/atlassian/pipelines/agent/build/node_modules/.staging/rxjs-a10b2afc/src'
npm WARN tar ENOENT: no such file or directory, lstat '/opt/atlassian/pipelines/agent/build/node_modules/.staging/rxjs-0d3768eb/_esm2015'
npm WARN tar ENOENT: no such file or directory, lstat '/opt/atlassian/pipelines/agent/build/node_modules/.staging/rxjs-0d3768eb/_esm5'
npm WARN tar ENOENT: no such file or directory, open '/opt/atlassian/pipelines/agent/build/node_modules/.staging/rxjs-0d3768eb/LICENSE.txt'
npm WARN tar ENOENT: no such file or directory, lstat '/opt/atlassian/pipelines/agent/build/node_modules/.staging/rxjs-0d3768eb/src'"

1 answer

2 votes
Diwakar Chapagain January 4, 2022

Figured out, it was happening because of a package being removed or de-linked from a repo. 

Shreya Subramaniam April 19, 2022

How did you figure out the package that was causing the issue? I am facing the same error as you have mentioned above and would be useful to understand how you found the package causing the problem. 

Diwakar Chapagain April 19, 2022

I tried installing locally with the --verbose flag on, that gave me error which was the package being removed in the npm repo. I use private repo not public NPM. 

Like Shreya Subramaniam likes this
Shreya Subramaniam April 19, 2022

thank you :)

BangsKeyboards April 22, 2022

How did you fix the issue?  Did you have to manually remove the package somehow?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events