Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My username changed how can i get my account back?

Yusuf Temiz July 8, 2021

When I login my account today i saw empty repository.

Then after some check i figured out that my username is changed with my password. So I cannot reach my repositories. I tried to rename my username but i couldnt achieve because it says this username already used.

I dont know is my account hacked or is this a system failure. The strange thing is i didnt get informed about my username changed. By the way i can login to the system using my email and password. But i cannot get my repositories.

What should i do now to get back my repositories?

Thanks.ss_2021-07-08_23_42_04.png

1 answer

0 votes
Caroline R
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 9, 2021

Hi, @Yusuf Temiz! Welcome to the community! 

I confirmed that the account associated with the email you used to create this question is linked to a Bitbucket account that is empty (has no repositories).

However, there is another Bitbucket account linked to the username you shared with us (I removed this information from your answer for security reasons) that has repositories, but this one is associated with another email. 

So, I suggest you try logging in to https://bitbucket.org/ with any of the emails you may have used for this account. If you don’t remember the password linked to this account, you can use the following link to reset it:

I hope this helps, but do let me know if you have any questions. 

Kind regards,
Caroline

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events