Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My technical Cofounder passed away. How do I get access to his account to save the codebase?

Matt Houston November 27, 2020

Unfortunately, my technical cofounder passed away a couple days ago. The top priority is obviously to make sure his family is taken care of. Secondarily, we were only a couple weeks away from launching our MVP and, as our sole developer, my later business parter had the only access to the codebase in BitBucket. 

I wrote Atlassian Support and they have informed me that this community may be the best route to take for assistance since his account was still in the free tier. 

As a less-technical cofounder, I basically have no experience in BitBucket. We were 2 weeks from launching the product in Beta and, for multiple reasons, it is important that I'm able to save his work and not, in essence, start all over. 

Thanks in advance for the guidance here. 

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Theodora Boudale
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 27, 2020

Hi Matt,

Welcome to the community and my condolences also.

This issue should actually be handled by Bitbucket Cloud support team instead of the community. This was our mistake and I apologize, I have talked to my colleague who has been handling your ticket and the ticket will get transferred to the appropriate team.

Please feel free to let me know if you have any questions.

Kind regards,
Theodora

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events