Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My bitbucket repo currently still has 2 GB after deleting branches

Admin admin October 21, 2020

My problem is I already deleted branches that I know contains large sizes. I expect my bitbucket repo to be reduced. Also take note that I enabled the "Delete dangling commits when over size limit in the Labs. I tried to a gc prune in my local where my size-pack became 629MB. Please check code snippet below

```

$ git count-objects -vH
count: 0
size: 0 bytes
in-pack: 1407049
packs: 1
size-pack: 626.69 MiB
prune-packable: 0
garbage: 0
size-garbage: 0 bytes

```

My repo name is skr

Also, I do not know why any of my bitbucket workspace is not visible in https://support.atlassian.com/contact/. See attached photoScreenshot 2020-10-21 at 21.54.15.png

1 answer

1 vote
Theodora Boudale
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 21, 2020

Hello,

I ran a git gc on this repo and its size is now down to 619.5 MB so you and your team should be able to push.

When you have the Labs feature "Delete dangling commits when over size limit" enabled, the git gc will run if you reset a branch to undo the large commits and then push this to Bitbucket, as documented here: https://support.atlassian.com/bitbucket-cloud/docs/reduce-repository-size/ in the section "Rewind history to undo large commits".

This is no longer needed now, since I ran the git gc. Are you planning to rewrite history to further reduce the repo's size, or are you ok with the size it has now?

Regarding your workspace not being visible, I believe this happened if you were logged in to an Atlassian account that doesn't have access to the workspace unnotechmanila. In this case, you can log out from the support portal and log back in with an email that has access to this workspace. Alternatively, you can select the link "Continue without workspace URL" and you should still be able to create a ticket.

Please feel free to let me know if things are ok now and if you need anything further.

Kind regards,
Theodora

Admin admin October 21, 2020

Hi Theodora thank you very much! We are now satisfied with things are. We really appreciate your help

Like Theodora Boudale likes this
Theodora Boudale
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 28, 2020

You are very welcome, good to hear that things are ok now! Please feel free to reach out if you ever need anything else.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events