My Bitbucket repository doesn't show the "Overview" page option?

On many screenshots of bitbucket repositories online and in the Atlassian documentation I see a tab on the left menu "Overview" that takes the user to an Overview Page. This does not show up in any of my repositories and I'm wondering why?

4 answers

0 vote

Hi Kelzim! I've checked your account and I was able to see the "Overview" option. If you still can not see it, please send us a screenshot to make sure we're referring to the same thing. 

Cheers,

Ana 

Hello Ana,

I am currently teaching a class, and part of that class is learning about version control. I've asked students to create Bitbucket accounts for their work, and I have a few students who have reported the same issue as Kelzim -- No overview button/page.

I checked out one of the student's accounts with him, and I could find no options that may have been set inadvertently, but perhaps I'm just missing something. I even tried setting up a new test repo on this student's Bitbucket account, and sure enough, when the repo was created, there was no Overview button.

I'm attaching 3 screenshots... I apologize, I have to black-out the username, as this is a student account, but two of these shots both show a missing Overview button from the student's account. The third screenshot shows a picture of his repository that he shared with me (my username is jbachelorcsusm), and when logged into my account, I see the overview button, just like I do for all of my own repositories.

Do you have any idea what might be going on, and what I might tell students to do in order to rectify the issue? It's much more straightforward for them to share their repos with that nice, "Send Invitation" button one gets on the overview page of a repo, as opposed to drilling into repo settings, then into "User and group access".

Thanks so much for your help!

Jon

YesOverviewOnMyAccount.pngNoOverview2.pngNoOverview1.png

I am also still seeing this issue. Although, unlike Jon - NONE of our users are able to see the overview tab. The only reason I knew it existed is because I always see it on the documentation. Thanks!

jira-issue.png

0 vote

Hi @Jon Bachelor! What browser are they using? Can they reproduce this across different browsers and computers? Have they tried to access their accounts using the incognito mode?

I've searched for the name of the repo within the list of repos you have access to, but there are a few with the same name (I'm guessing each of them from a different student). Since you'd like to keep them anonymous, would it be possible that you give me a hint just so I can find the affected users? You could just show me the first and last letter, something like 'u******e'. If you're still not comfortable with that, let me know and I'll create a Support ticket for you.

Cheers,

Ana

Thanks so much for your super fast reply, Ana!

Let me start by asking students to try a different browser, and if that shows similar results, I'll ask them to try incognito mode as well.

If unsuccessful, I'll ask them if they are ok with me providing a username hint for you to be able to check out their account.  =)

Thanks for your help!

Jon

0 vote

@Kelly ZImmermann, the screenshot you posted is from BB Server 4.9.1 where there's no overview. Hope that explains!

Let us know if you have any questions!

Ana

Hola Ana,

Tengo exactamente el mismo problema.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Piotr Plewa
Published Dec 27, 2017 in Bitbucket

Recipe: Deploying AWS Lambda functions with Bitbucket Pipelines

Bitbucket Pipelines helps me manage and automate a number of serverless deployments to AWS Lambda and this is how I do it. I'm building Node.js Lambda functions using node-lambda&nbsp...

710 views 0 4
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot