Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Atlassian Universal Plugin Manager Plugin throws an error when I attempt to upgrade.

admin admin
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 14, 2020

I recently upgraded my Bitbucket server from 5.12.0 to 6.9.1

Everything is now completed, and my server is up and it is functioning normally but, naturally, all of my apps need to be updated;

The apps are all throwing errors when I attempt to upgrade them, so the root issue is likely to be the UPM;

When I click '[ Update ]' beside the 'Universal Plugin Manager Plugin' an errors is thrown;
'An error was encountered while updating the UPM. See the logs for more details'

When I review the Bitbucket application logs;
${BITBUCKET_HOME}/log/atlassian-bitbucket.log

The error described below appears to suggest that the UPM addon isn't installed;
2020-01-14 12:49:49,564 ERROR [ThreadPoolAsyncTaskExecutor::Thread 60] o.e.g.b.e.i.d.s.DependencyWaiterApplicationContextExecutor Unable to create application context for [com.atlassian.upm.atlassian-universal-plugin-manager-selfupdate-plugin], unsatisfied dependencies: none
org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanDefinitionStoreException: Unexpected exception parsing XML document from URL [bundle://145.0:0/META-INF/spring/atlassian-plugins-component-imports.xml]; nested exception is java.lang.IllegalStateException: The bundle is uninstalled.

The presently installed version is 4.0.1, and the latest update is 4.0.11;
I contemplated removing the app, and re-installing it, but this isn't possible, as the present app (v4.0.1) only provides options to [ Update ], and while I could remove the app from the plugins directory, I want a resolution plan to do so.

0 answers

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events