Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing repository variables

Bencel Montiague November 17, 2020

I've been using repository variables on pipe.sh to hide some credentials upon using the pipe. See the screenshot below:

Screen Shot 2020-11-18 at 12.27.59 PM.png

I'm getting this error, although the variables are already declared under Repository Variables.

Screen Shot 2020-11-18 at 12.24.51 PM.png

Repository Variables:

Screen Shot 2020-11-18 at 12.38.51 PM.png

I've already tried some possible steps to solve it, through declaring it on Workspace variables and inside the Environment Variables. But I'm still having the same error.

I wonder what would be the reason of this error?

I hope this question make sense. Thanks for answering.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Theodora Boudale
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 20, 2020

Hi Bencel and welcome to the community!

At first glance, I don't see any obvious reason for this behavior, nor am I able to reproduce it.

Would it be possible for you to add the following commands in your bitbucket-pipelines.yml file, before the bats test/test.bats command, and let me know what is their output in the Pipelines log?

- echo ${REGISTRY_URI}
- echo uri=${REGISTRY_URI:?'REGISTRY_URI environment variable is missing'}

The actual value of the variable won't be printed in the output in the Pipelines log since the variable is secured, but we should see the output $REGISTRY_URI and uri=$REGISTRY_URI respectively.

I would just like to check if these commands give the expected output when executed from the bitbucket-pipelines.yml file or if we also see an error there. If it's the first case, it would indicate that this issue may have something to do with the script. However, if we see an error in both cases, we'll need to check if something is wrong with the variable itself.

Kind regards,
Theodora

Bencel Montiague November 20, 2020

Hi Theodora! Thanks for responding to my question! But I've fixed this already by putting this codes on test.bats:

Screen Shot 2020-11-21 at 10.03.05 AM.png

It was my first time making a pipe. I wasn't very familiar with the codes I need to put in or not.

But anyways, thanks for your time.

Like Theodora Boudale likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events