Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing code in master branch

Gabriel Ramos December 2, 2014

Hello,

I'm a bitbucket user since 1 year ago, and I faced some problem yesterday, that I would like to ask to you about, just because it makes me think that there's something I don't really understand about the way bitbucket should work.
The thing is, I committed some code to the master branch. Those modifications are shown in the commits list and no one ever overwrote them in the subsequent commits. However when I check the master branch source code, my changes are not reflected.
What could be happening? Am I missing something?
Thanks in advance,

3 answers

0 votes
EoghanRua December 3, 2014

It could be but that seems unlikely, otherwise a lot of people would be complaining about it. It is more likely the case that something isn't quiet working in your infrastructure. I have been using SourceTree to Push/Pull changes to and from my Bitbucket repository over the last couple of days without any issues. What client do you use locally? In SourceTree when you click the 'Push' button you can select 'Show Full Ouptut' in the form that pops up to see the output logged by the command. I am using Git so I see the relevant Git commands and information about whether it was successful or not. Do you have a way to view similar info?

0 votes
Gabriel Ramos December 3, 2014

Yes, I checked that. It also happened to another teammate yesterday. Could something be misworking on bitbucket?

0 votes
EoghanRua December 3, 2014

It might be an obvious question but have you checked that your changes were pushed from your local client to the repository?  Also is the code as expected on your local client?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events