Missing Repos

michael May 22, 2023

Hello,

I haven't signed on to Bitbucket in a while but after recently doing so, I found several of my repos to be missing.  Might anybody be able to assist?

I should mention that I have two bitbucket accounts. One was created with a former work email address when I was still with that company.  When I try to log into that account, it redirects me to Microsoft Live login for some reason, and my stored password no longer works.  I can log in to my other Bitbucket account with no issue, but I only see one of my repos there.  I can't remember which of the two accounts contained all of the repos, but maybe the first step would be trying to sort the login issue for my second account.  Any suggestions would be most welcome.  Thank you all!

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Patrik S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 23, 2023

Hello @michael , and welcome to the community! 

I've confirmed that the bitbucket account associated with the email you used to post this question currently only has 1 repository within it.

As for why you are being redirected to Microsoft Live when trying to log in with your former company email, this is because that company has likely claimed the domain (e.g @company1.com) and enabled Single Sign On (SSO). This means that any atlassian account with that domain is managed by that company and they have configured Microsoft as their external Identity Provider for login. So whenever a user tried to login with an email in that domain, they will be redirected to Microsoft's page. In such cases, you will need to reach out to your former company as only they are able to re-enable your account on Microsoft's side, so you can login and access the repositories within it.

Hope that helps to clarify your questions! Let me know in case you have any other questions.

Thank you, @michael !

Patrik S

michael May 24, 2023

Thanks, @Patrik S .  My situation is a bit different: Back when I was working with the company, I had set up a Bitbucket account using the company email address.  After I left the company, the company repositories no longer appeared in my account (as expected).  So, for a number of years, I used that account for personal projects only.  I'm not interested in the company repos, but would love to get my personal repos back if it all possible.  Let me know if there's a way I can send you the company email address privately, that you might be able to see if the repos are still there.

Patrik S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 25, 2023

Hello @michael ,

Thanks for sharing additional context.

Even though you lost access to the company's repositories, the email associated with the bitbucket account you are trying to access has the company's domain. If the company has claimed that domain, this means they are the owner of the bitbucket account and can control its access, like configuring SSO through Microsoft Live. In such situations, you will need to contact your former company so they can enable your account for you to log in through Microsoft again, and then save your repositories.

Thank you, @michael !

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events