Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mirror of repos between two Bitbucket Data Center instances?

Ryan Weiss February 16, 2018

I see the Smart Mirror plugin works between a Bitbucket Data Center instance and a Bitbucket Server Instance. Can you do it between two Data Center instances?

Thanks

1 answer

0 votes
Caterina Curti
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 17, 2018

Hi Ryan,

Are you referring to the Smart Mirror functionality described on the Smart mirroring page?

If that's the case, the mirror will connect to one (and only one) Bitbucket Server instance and you will be able to specify if all repositories or only some of them should be mirrored.

The mirror runs on a dedicated server and should be closely located to a remote location to speed up the cloning time.

When setting it up, you'll need to specify a "Primary server URL" and this is the URL of the primary server (see the Set up a mirror page). As of today, this can only be one single primary server.

If you are referring to a different add on, let us know.

Cheers,

Caterina - Atlassian Support 

Ryan Weiss February 19, 2018

Based on the Smart Mirror page which you linked to, it says the Smart Mirror plugin only works between a Bitbucket Data Center Instance and a Bitbucket Server instance. I have two Bitbucket Data Center instances that I'd like to mirror between. Will that be an issue?

Caterina Curti
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 19, 2018

Hi Ryan,

A mirror can only be connected to a single Bitbucket Server / Data Center instance.

If you have 2 separate Data Center instances (note that this is different from 2 notes), you'll need to separate mirrors.

Does this clarify?

Caterina 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events