Migrating repositories from MKS Integrity to GIT/Stash or SVN

Deleted user July 22, 2016

Hello there.

We are in process of migrating few repositories from MKS Integrity tool to Atlassian Stash or SVN, can anyone please provide any documentation how to proceed on this.

Thanks,

Pratiyush

3 answers

2 votes
Wolfgang TRAUTENBERG July 24, 2016

Hi Pratiyush,

we successfully migrated our MKS Integrity and MKS Source data to JIRA and Stash / Bitbucket Server with git.

For MKS Integrity, we simply exported the Issues and imported into Jira.

For  MKS Source we used two different approaches:

1. Migrating checkpoint per checkpoint into Stash/git for older repositories
  2. For newer repositories we had an svn shadow for the MKS Source repository. For those we migrated changeset per changeset where a changest in svn reflected a change package in MKS Source.
    For these repositories we even kept alive the link between the chnage packge in MKS Source and the Issue in MKS Integrity

Best regards

Wolfgang 

P.S.: Thanks to Uli for pointing me to this question

Deleted user July 25, 2016

Hello Wolfgang,

Thanks for your reply. Could you please elaborate specifically about migration of source code from MKS Integrity to GIT or SVN.

Do we need to check out the checkpoints from MKS and subsequently check in to GIT, i believe we might loose the history and my goal here is to migrate the source code with history intact.

Thanks,

Pratiyush

Wolfgang TRAUTENBERG July 25, 2016

We wanted to still know why did we change which source with which version.

Hence history of individual files was less important for us than having the connection between changes to couple of files and the according change package and MKS Integrity Issue.

So where we had the svn shadow repository which had one change set per change package we used that information. For the other repositories we checked out each checkpoint and checked it into git. We still new which change packages were present between two checkpoints and also which files were changed with them. So we used that info to re-create a "blurry" traceability (which isn't that bad anyway)

You may want to Contact Ulrich Kuhnhardt from izymes who helped us as a contractor through this migration process.

0 votes
Marek July 5, 2019

The options of importing code into Bitbucket Server are explained here:
https://confluence.atlassian.com/bitbucketserver/importing-code-from-an-existing-project-776640909.html

In essence:

• When importing a git project into Bitbucket Server, you can maintain the commit history
  • Otherwise, you can import unversioned code project into Bitbucket Server

Hope this helps! Marek

Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 5, 2019

Please remember that MKS Source uses an RCS style repository so if you are planning to use Git, you should look for steps and documentation around migrating from RCS to Git while maintaining history, there is a ton of information on this other there.

0 votes
Deleted user July 24, 2016

Hello Wolfgang,

Thanks for your reply. Could you please elaborate specifically about migration of source code from MKS Integrity to GIT or SVN.

Do we need to check out the checkpoints from MKS and subsequently check in to GIT, i believe we might loose the history and my goal here is to migrate the source code with history intact.

Thanks,

Pratiyush

Azfar_Masut May 22, 2017

Hey Pratiyush,

Did you finally manage to migrate from MKS Integrity to Git/SVN?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events