Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Migrating Bitbucket and Jira Server from one system to another and upgrading both

henryj-ar June 5, 2023

We are migrating Jira v 7.4.0 to Jira v 9.8.0 and  BitBucket v 5.2 to BitBucket v 7.21.11.  The data and users for both has been migrated to a different system running the later versions of the software.  We have license for the old versions.  Can those license be migrated to the new system?  If so, how would I go about it?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Christian Glockner
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 5, 2023

Hi,

If you'll be able to upgrade to Bitbucket Server 7.21.11 depends on the expiration date of your Bitbucket Server license. If it expires before 11 April 2023 (the release date of 7.21.11), then you will not be able to use your existing license with that newer version.

In general, Bitbucket Server licenses will only work with versions of Bitbucket Server that were released before their expiration date.

Cheers,
Christian

Premier Support Engineer
Atlassian

henryj-ar June 6, 2023

Thank you for your response Christian.  When I look at the license page on my account it says the license will expire on July 28, 2023.  In the software the license expired on 27th of July, 2019.  Can I add the license we purchased that expires on the 28th of July 2023 to the new servers?

Christian Glockner
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 6, 2023

Hi,

That depends - considering the license expires July 2023 I'm lead to believe it is a Data Center license - is that correct? If that's the case, then you can just add that license.

Cheers,
Christian

Premier Support Engineer
Atlassian

henryj-ar June 6, 2023

Hello Christian,

Thanks for your response.  I do not think the license is for DataCenter. It is a server license.  We have installed the new version on a different server as we are upgrading the OS.   We have a small development population and only need about 10 licenses.  I saw the minimum license on DataCenter was 500 (or so).  That is way more than anything we will ever need.  I also saw somewhere that support for server will go away.  What is the solution you provide for companies like us that have a small development team?

Also, the license is associated with our old server.  Is there a way to associate it with the new server?

Thanks

henryj-ar June 7, 2023

I was able to add the active license to the server.  Thanks for your help.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
SERVER
VERSION
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events