Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Merging not allowed even after successful build

Merge was being prevented, and I thought that this may be due to the issue in Jenkins itself. After it's been resolved, forced builds succeeded, yet merge was still not enabled.

From this thread I gathered that the build count is attached to commits, not to the PR itself. So I have made a trivial change and committed it forcing a new build which was successful. The bitbucket PR page shows it as such, but yet the merge button still says "There is 1 issue preventing you from merging this pull request. You need a minimum of one successful build before this pull request can be merged."

I am puzzled. Any clues?

1 answer

0 votes

Not sure if you're still experiencing the issue, but one option for troubleshooting is that you can update the status of the failed build over in the REST API.

If the latest commit in your PR is still this commit with a failed build, though, (even if another build was made against that commit that succeeded after the fact) we would expect that it couldn't be merged - as any failed build that hasn't been corrected by the integrated CI tool is assumed to be a result of an issue in the code, meaning that a new commit needs to pushed to the source branch of the PR to fix the code problem.

If this issue is still happening, feel free to post back the results from some of those REST API endpoints if you want help analyzing what you're getting back.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Bitbucket

Powering DevOps with Bitbucket Server & Data Center

Hi everyone, The Cloud team recently announced 12 new DevOps features that help developers ship better code, faster   ! While we’re all excited about the new improvements to Bitbucket ...

1,804 views 0 7
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you