Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Merge strategy in .gitattributes doesn't work on Bitbucket.

Jader Yang August 9, 2021

I add the rules in .gitattributes as below.

changelog.txt merge=union

It works well on my local. But it didn't work when I create a pull request on the Bitbucket website.

I saw there are some same questions on community.   So you don't have implemented this feature yet?

Is there any other way I can try?  Because this file needs to be changed frequently by multiple people, it is very easy to conflict. My team members are annoying it.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Caroline R
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 16, 2021

Hi, @Jader Yang

Thank you for reaching out to Atlassian Community!

For now, if you merge the code in Bitbucket and there are conflicts, you’ll need to resolve them locally. We don’t have a way to automatically resolve conflicts when merging from the website.

We do have the following feature request to add the ability to automatically resolve merge conflicts:

I would suggest that you add your vote there (by selecting the Vote for this issue link) as the number of votes helps the development team and product managers better understand the demand for new features. 

You are more than welcome to leave any feedback there, and you can also add yourself as a watcher (by selecting the Start watching this issue link) if you'd like to get notified via email on updates.

If you are not familiar with our Feature Request Policy, you can read more about it here.

Also, in case you would like to read more about merge conflicts, you can access the following documentation:

Please, feel free to share any additional questions or concerns regarding this case.

Kind regards,
Caroline

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events