Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Merge does not get blocked if pull request is marked as 'needs work'

nikil.paul February 17, 2020

We have recently made an upgrade from Bitbucket 6.2 to 6.10. Upon reading the release notes, I noted that a new feature introduced in 6.5 was the blocking of a merge if a pull request has been marked as 'needs work' by a reviewer. However, my tests on this feature have failed in both the cases mentioned below:

1. When a reviewer has marked the PR as 'needs work' and I go ahead with the merge

2. When a reviewer has marked the PR as 'needs work' and goes ahead with the merge themselves.

In both cases, the merge happened quite smoothly, without any blocking. This feature is of interest to us, and I'd like to know if something needs to be activated or checked to enable this feature.Capture56.PNG

1 answer

0 votes
Tim Black February 25, 2020

@nikil.paul blocking a merge under these conditions is a behavior enabled/disabled by repo/Project Settings in the "Merge Check" section. I confirmed (bc we work at the same company! ;-) ) that for the repo in question the relevant Merge Check settings were disabled, so you just needed to enable them. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events