Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Merge conflict resolution in a pull request

Anuj-eKnous May 19, 2020

I am using GIt Fork method with the team . Where each team member has their own Server and local.  I maintain the Master Git version. Therefore each individual fork the repo from my project on the server. Clone it from his/her server and work in a branch. Post the work is done they raise a pull request to my development branch.  While doing so since multiple users want to merge to the development branch via pull request, I get merge conflict and error stating only post-merge conflict are resolved we can merge the branch. I am not sure how to resolve to merge conflict on the Bitbucket server and as the merge did not take place me pulling the repo from my server does not have feature branches raised by another user in pull request. How do i resolve this situation? or is there a way we can give access to main git repo to everyone but restrict any updates to development and master branch except one user?

1 answer

4 votes
Gabriela Costa June 15, 2020

Hi @Anuj-eKnous, my team developed this plugin: Power Editor for Bitbucket, which allows you to resolve conflicts on a pull request in the UI. You won't need to go through any of the git commands (even though we highly recommend you learn them, they can be quite useful). If you're using Bitbucket Server/Data Center that's an option you should check out!

It also supports:

• Adding, renaming and deleting files
  • Editor extensions like preview, view diff and tab and space controls.
  • Editing functionality in pull requests to quickly fix typos in files.
  • Full support for hooks.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events