Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Merge PR only the author of the PR

Bezpalko Pavel January 26, 2023

Hello! Does Bitbucket have a setting so that only the author of the PR can merge their PR?

For example:

1. Johnny create Pull Request.
  2. Other developers have been approved and the pull request can be merged.
  3. But only Johnny can Merge, because the Merge button is active only for him. For other developers, the Merge button is disabled and they cannot merge into master.

I hope I have described clearly

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Patrik S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 1, 2023

Hello @Bezpalko Pavel ,

Welcome to Atlassian Community! 

You can currently define a branch restriction (Repository Settings > Branch Restrictions) to only allow a specific user/set of users to merge Pull Requests to a given branch.

However, the user/set of users is fixed accordingly to the users you have configured in that branch restriction, and from my understanding, you would like it to be dynamic depending on the Author of the PR.

I'm afraid that a dynamic restriction based on the Pull Request author is currently not available, but I went ahead and created a feature request for it, which you can check in the following link : 

I would suggest you to add your vote there, since this helps both developers and product managers to understand the interest. Also, make sure you add yourself as a watcher in case you want to receive first-hand updates from that ticket. Please note that all features are implemented with this policy in mind.

Thank you, @Bezpalko Pavel !

Patrik S

Bezpalko Pavel February 2, 2023

Hello @Patrik S !

Thank you very match! I added voice.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events