Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Celebration

Earn badges and make progress

You're on your way to the next level! Join the Kudos program to earn points and save your progress.

Deleted user Avatar
Deleted user

Level 1: Seed

25 / 150 points

Next: Root

1 badge earned

Collect

Participate in fun challenges

Challenges come and go, but your rewards stay with you. Do more to earn more!

Challenges
Coins

Gift kudos to your peers

What goes around comes around! Share the love by gifting kudos to your peers.

Recognition
Ribbon

Rise up in the ranks

Keep earning points to reach the top of the leaderboard. It resets every quarter so you always have a chance!

Leaderboard

Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

Merge Collision, need to select the newest version. SourceTree?

Hello,
On Bitbucket repo I don't see an option (such as offered by GitHub) to resolve a merge collision on a pull request by choosing one version or the other. In our case we have some collisions caused by noise (updated dates, etc) and we just need to tell git to use the newer file version in our active branch.  We can't edit the files in the Bitbucket repo either, because apparently the line length is too long so the edit button is disabled when viewing the source. 

The solution shown by Bitbucket is to use git commands (CLI) to resolve the conflicts.  
We are developing in ServiceNow so the code does not exist on a server I can log into and execute git CLI. 

Will cloning the repo onto my desktop, using SourceTree allow for conflict resolution where I can simply pick the version to use?
I understand that SourceTree will allow me to use raw git commands.   Thanks!

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted

Hi Greg and welcome to the community!

You can resolve conflicts in any clone of the repository. If you have git installed on your machine, you can clone the repo and resolve the conflict from a terminal or Git Bash.

It is also possible to use SourceTree. If you try to merge with SourceTree, you will see an error about the conflict, and you will be able to pick which version to use (you can also open a terminal from SourceTree to execute commands).

Kind regards,
Theodora

Suggest an answer

TAGS

Atlassian Community Events