Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

Markdown code block - supported languages?

Edited

I am having some problems with a .md file not displaying code blocks properly inside my bitbucket repository. Is there a list of supported markdown code block languages available.

Languages I've tried / would like to be shown properly:

c# razor view syntax

```csharp .cshtml

React jsx syntax

```jsx

3 answers

Can we please have markdown support? Pretty please? 

The markdown tutorial says "the 'short name' or the 'mimetype' of anything in" the list of Pygments lexers will work.

I think the syntax highlighting for file extensions is a different list from a different library.

0 votes
Ana Retamal Atlassian Team Jan 10, 2018

Hi Alan! According to our documentation, all the common coding languages are supported, including C# and JSX (for reference http://codemirror.net/mode/).

For more info you can also read Configuring syntax highlighting for file extensions.

I found this and this  in our issue tracker where code that was enclosed in a code block area was treated differently, but seems like it was fixed some time ago.

Regards,

Ana

I still can't believe a company like Altassian have so poor support to these kinds of features. Yes, you actually support `jsx`, but it renders exactly like `javascript`, and... surprise! It sucks!

```jsx
import { GlobalStyles, ThemeProvider, theme } from "my-library"

const Root = () => (
<GlobalStyles>
<ThemeProvider theme={theme}>
<App />
</ThemeProvider>
<GlobalStyles>
)

```

Screenshot 2020-03-04 at 10.15.10.png

Like # people like this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Bitbucket

Git push size limits are coming to Bitbucket Cloud starting April 4th, 2022

Beginning on April 4th, we will be implementing push limits. This means that your push cannot be completed if it is over 3.5 GB. If you do attempt to complete a push that is over 3.5 GB, it will fail...

1,373 views 1 7
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you