Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

MFA is disabled but keeps asking for two-step verification on BitBucket

MFA is disabled but keeps asking for two-step verification

BITMFA.png

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted

Hi Andrew,

I see that you opened a support ticket for this and the issue has been resolved!

I just wanted to post the solution here for future reference, in case any other user with the same issue comes across your post: 

It is possible to have 2FA enabled for an Atlassian account (https://id.atlassian.com/) and also for a Bitbucket account (https://bitbucket.org/). If 2FA is enabled for both, you'll be asked for a 2FA code twice when attempting to log in to Bitbucket Cloud. If you want to disable 2FA, you'll need to disable it for both the Atlassian and the Bitbucket account.

In the screenshot above, there is a link "Forgot code?" which will allow you to request a 2FA recovery email in order to disable 2FA for the Bitbucket account.

Kind regards,
Theodora

I was going nuts over this! You finally solved my day. I was totally convinced that Atlassian 2FA and Bitbucket 2FA were the same thing, until I saw your answer. Thank you very much!!!

Like Theodora Boudale likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Bitbucket

New improvements to user management in Bitbucket Cloud 👥

Hey Community! We’re willing to wager that quite a few of you not only use Bitbucket, but administer it too. Our team is excited to share that we’ll be releasing improvements throughout this month of...

3,845 views 10 16
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you