Lost a couple of mercurial repositories!

wingphil October 11, 2022

I had a couple of mercurial repositories that I haven't looked at in a long time from 8-10 years ago. One of them in particular contained the source code for generating the 3d model of my wedding ring! I really need that back!

I guess I missed the messages about sunsetting support for mercurial a few years ago, and I never migrated them. Please tell me they aren't lost!

Thanks,

Phil

2 answers

0 votes
Theodora Boudale
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 12, 2022

Hi Phil,

If these Mercurial repositories were public, all the public repos were archived by Software Heritage and you can check there:

I'm afraid that the Bitbucket support team is no longer able to recover private Mercurial repositories.

Kind regards,
Theodora

wingphil October 12, 2022

Is there a way I can pay for the repositories to be recovered? One of them in particular is very important, even though I obviously haven't checked on them for a few years.

Thanks,

Phil

Theodora Boudale
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 12, 2022

Hi Phil,

I'm afraid that this is not possible, we are no longer able to recover these repositories.

Kind regards,
Theodora

0 votes
wingphil October 11, 2022

I have raised a ticket with Atlassian support, but I am only a free account holder. Is there any chance they still have the ability to restore these?

Thanks,

Phil

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events