Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Loosing content on migrating repo to LFS and switching back to the old commits before migration

Santha Simhadri September 4, 2020
  • Create a sample repo
  • Add some large files
  • Modify the large files
  • Migrate the repo to the LFS
  • Modify the large files again
  • Try to go to the old commits before migration and I'm not able to get the old files rather I'm able to see the pointer references there.
  • It's working fine if I'm switching back to the old commits after migration.

How to get the content back if I'm switching back to the old commits before migration?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Theodora Boudale
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 14, 2020

Hi Santha and welcome to the community!

When you say "Migrate the repo to the LFS", can you please clarify what/how exactly you do this?

Do you rewrite history in the repo, e.g. with a tool like BFG, in order to move existing files to LFS?

If you rewrite history to do this, then the hash of the commits that have LFS files will change. Force pushing the changes to the Bitbucket Cloud repo, the old commits will get removed. So, I am a bit confused on how you navigate to the old commits after you do the migration.

Could you please give us some more details on what exactly you are doing and what old commits you are trying to access?

Kind regards,
Theodora

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events