Lock single repositories for maintainance purposes

Johannes Kilian
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 7, 2015

For maintainance tasks - like backup - Bitbucket offers a REST-API to lock the complete server to avoid user interaction during maintainance.

Is there a way to lock/unlock single repositories on Bitbucket for maintainance?

Background: I want to do some maintainance tasks on several hosted repositories (like git gc and git repack...). As I don't want to lock the complete server during operations on a single repository, this might be useful (and the repsoitory should be locked during this operation to avoid interruption by users ...)

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Kian Stack Mumo Systems
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 8, 2015

You could remove the "write" permission of individuals during the maintenance period to avoid users pushing to the repository. That would be one way to prevent interruptions. Would that suffice, or are you looking for a single setting you could turn off and on? 

Hope this helps!

Kian 

Johannes Kilian
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 8, 2015

Not exactly what I'm looking after - but definitivly a workaround!

Johannes Kilian
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 14, 2015

Your suggestion would work, if all APIs would be available: You're only able to get/set/delete permissions for projects and repositories - but not for branches (at least I haven't found this yet)

Johannes Kilian
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 16, 2015

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events